Saturday, June 4, 2011

Chicken Taco Pizza



Even after a busy night of call at the ER, and the boy's t-ball game, hubby still got dinner fixed for tonight, after I got my nap of course. I got the idea from Pioneer Woman's site, Taco pizza. I had to lighten up the initial recipe, because I don't have a group of hungry ranch hands to feed, but we we were both pleased with the results, and this will feed three people generously, I had leftovers.









Chicken taco Pizza






1 package Martha White pizza crust



2 tbsp taco seasoning



1 large chicken breast, sliced thinly



1/2 cup black beans, drained



1 medium onion, diced



two cups of lettuce, shredded



1 large tomato, diced



cilantro, black olives, sour cream,salsa



shredded cheese






Mix up the pizza crust mix per package instructions, and I added some garlic powder to the dough. Heat a large skillet, sautee the chicken, and onion, sprinkle with the taco seasoning, watch closely so it doesn't scorch. I always use a pizza stone, lightly grease it with some olive oil,and roll the dough out on the stone, you want it thin. Sprinkle the dough with the chicken mixture, and black beans. Bake in a hot oven, like 500 degrees for about 10 minutes. The hot oven will crisp the crust. Bring out of the oven, sprinkle with lettuce,tomato, olives. use a pizza cutter, cut in slices. I stirred some salsa into a half cup of sour crea, served this on the side. Some sliced avocado would of been great with this, will try to remember next time.






Great recipe for some of our fresh garden veggies. I used a lower fat shredded cheese,light sour cream, so this was not a diet buster.









Enjoy.









Patrice



1 comment: